Call for papers: Rules and Regulations:
Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC) invites faculty, independent researchers, scholars, and students submit abstracts, articles & posters for National Seminar on Hospital & Healthcare Management, Medico Legal Systems, Clinical Research and Health Insurance Management.
|Conference Dates||2nd and 3rd May|
|Last date to submit an Abstract / Article||15th March|
|Acceptance Notification of Abstract / Article||30th March|
|Last date of submission modified Abstract / Article||10th April|
|Acceptance Notification of modified Abstract / Article||15th April|
|Final Presentation Submission (for Abstracts)||20th April|
Article:An article is a review article containing views, ideas, discussions on a current topic, etc. It is an attempt to summarize the current state of understanding of a topic.
Abstract:An abstract is essentially the summary of a research article. 5 abstracts will be selected for presentation in National Seminar by the academic committee of the National Seminar.
Submission guidelines for Abstracts / Articles
All abstracts / articles must be submitted in electronic format (Microsoft Word) using Times New Roman font. The official conference language is English.
The length of the abstract must not be more than 300 words and it should be double spaced. The body of the abstract should contain introduction, objective, methods, results, and conclusions. It may also include possible implications of the research.
Articles should not exceed 5000 words (including cover page, abstract, text, references, tables, and figures). A single line should separate paragraphs; no indentation should be used. Please follow the Vancouver style for reference.
Format for Abstract / Article submission (Specify at the top of the document if it is an article or an abstract):
- Title: Bold, centered, 14 font size
- Author’s Name: Right side, 10 font size
- Name of the organization: : Right side, 10 font size
- E-mail address: Right side, 10 font size
- Telephone No: Right side, 10 font size
- Body: 11 Font size, fully justified
- A4, top and bottom margins: 1.00", Left and right margins: 1.00"
- The poster must be printed on A0, portrait layout (90 cm wide x 120 cm high) and should be easily read from 1 meter distance.
- All costs relating to the production of the poster are the responsibility of the author(s).
- There will be a dedicated poster session during the National Seminar. It is a required that at least one author be present at this session to answer questions from delegates. Details on the date and time of this session will be conveyed one week before the session.
- Clarity & Fluency of language
- Clear objectives
- Original research work
- Weather a research question is answered & scientific methods are used
- Statistical procedures and results are clearly presented
- Conclusions are based on valid interpretations and are clearly stated and justifiable
Paper Size and Layout:
The submitted abstracts / articles / posters will be reviewed by the Academic Committee of the National Seminar. Please note that the decision of this committee will be final.
Evaluation criteria for selection of Abstracts, Articles and Posters:
Abstracts / Articles should be sent to email@example.com
Authors of 5 selected abstracts (one author per abstract) will be invited to present their paper at National Seminar on 2nd May 2014 in front of about 1000 healthcare professionals followed by question answer-round conducted by an expert panel. Please note that only abstracts will be considered for presentation and articles / posters will not be considered for presentation.
Out of 5 presented papers, 2 papers will be awarded as follows.
- 1st prize: Rs. 5000/-
- 2nd prize: Rs. 3000/-
Certificate regarding paper presentation will be awarded to all presenters.
There are no fees for submission of abstract, article or poster. However, registration for the seminar by the candidate is mandatory for paper presentation. Registration Fee should be paid by Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of “Symbiosis Centre of Health Care” payable at Pune. The DD should be sent along with the Registration Form (can be downloaded from www.schcpune.org). Please note that No TA / DA will be paid for participation.